By: Laura Sherman
1. You’ve trained yourself to having a 5-minute gap between classes.
2. When someone asks for directions, you refer to buildings alphabetically, not by their name.
3. Only fellow hornets understand why the prime spots are at the top of the parking deck.
4. You’ve helplessly yanked on the door of Stingers when it was closed.
5. You have an architecture friend who you wouldn’t recognize without coffee in hand.
6. Your football team is still undefeated!
7. You made it through a Public Speaking class with your pride intact.
8. Your girls dorm was fully equipped with urinals.
9. You’ve mercilessly nerf-gunned an unwilling victim.
10. You know where this is, and seeing it makes you hungry.
11. Repeat after me: “This is our rock. There are many rocks like it but this one is ours.”
12. Your Hornet Card might as well be a Sonic Screwdriver.
13. You have a collection of SPSU T-Shirts, including a few you don’t remember getting.
14. The honors kids always fill up that class you wanted before you got to register for it.
15. You have a “usual” at Mondo’s every lunch hour except Fridays.
16. Whenever someone visits, you take them to the Marietta Diner.
17. Hornet Alert has woken you up early on one of those days where you didn’t have morning class.
18. You know it’s finals week when this place starts looking like the Harry Potter Knight Bus.
19. Your closest friends are comprised of engineers and architects.
20. Every time someone mentions KSU, you’re all like:
21. When SPSU holds their midnight breakfast, you better run to reserve your ticket.
22. This was the biggest shock of your 2013.
23. You’ve sweat it out in the Math Building on a summer day.
24. There isn’t a fraternity or sorority on campus you haven’t heard of.
25. Your computer is so full of software that it crashes on you the night before something’s due.
26. You avoid driving around 8am and 5pm, even if you’re not in Atlanta.
27. Having a girl in your class is like winning the lottery.
28. Every time you tell a stranger you go to Southern Poly, you have to add “It’s in Marietta…”
29. But it’s still the best hidden gem of a school you’ve ever known.
30. When you make it to graduation, you know the struggles will all be worth it. (‘Cuz, like, our school is da bomb. com)